FashionTech Works — Antwerp
We are looking for fashion designers, tech companies and everything in between, as long as you bring innovative fashion concepts using the newest technology. Fashion & Tech entrepreneurs from all over Europe are welcome to submit their proposals, from established companies to young achievers with an innovative project.
We offer an inspirational program on fashion and technology, exchange with peers & experts anda chance to win a place in the onstage pitch battle at Fashion Talks Antwerp.
This call is organized in the framework of the United Fashion project with deadline on 27th September of 2019.
- Workshop FashionTech, 3 themes with experts:
- Circular Fashion
- The Future of Shopping
- Wearable Tech
Plus visit of Retail Detail hub, 1250 m² of retail innovation
- Pitch Battle — pre selections
- FashionTech Works Network Cocktail — linking the international guests to the local FashTech 150+ #community including representatives of companies such as Nokia, Nike, Microsoft, iMec,…
- Antwerp Fashion Walk by Momu, Antwerp fashion museum
- Fashion Talks — see www.fashiontalks.be
- Belgian Fashion Awards Ceremony
- Network dinner
- Creative Ville Conference: Recharging creatives with fresh ideas see www.creativeville.be
Details of the participation
Travel and accomodation costs will be taken in charge by hosting organisation, Flanders DC:
- Flight and/or train ticket in economy class
- Hotel in Antwerp (selected by the organizer) for 3 nights (1 person per participating company
- Tickets for the Retail Hub, Fashion Talks, CreativeVille,…included
- 27 September 2019: Application deadline
- 7 October 2019: Results of the selection
Requirements for entrepreneurs looking to participate in United Fashion activities:
- Applicants must be an SME, legally established as a business (possibly self-employed) under the national law and based in a EU member state.
- Active in the field of fashion and/or technology.
- Present a professional project, product or technology related to the field of fashion.
It can be in proof of concept phase or already launched, but certainly beyond ideation phase.
For the selection of the fashion / techn entrepreneurs the following criteria will be taken intoconsideration:
- Relevance to the fashion industry
- Quality of the project and presentation
- Professional background and approach
- Motivation to participate to the project
We will be slecting a mix of cases within the different domains and themes.
To be inspired what type of cases and entrepreneurs we are looking for, please have a look at the Belgian and international cases presented in the Facebook group FashionTechWorks.
Your application should be sent by 27 September 2019 at the latest!
For the pitch battle — please note that Flanders DC will ask all participants to send their final presentations by November 4, 2019.
Please find all detailed information on the call via the download file below.